Today I actually managed a conversation with my parents. I was kinda forced into it as they wanted to talk to me, but it then progressed into a proper randomised conversation. Odd. It was mostly about genetics and whats going to go wrong with me possibly in the future.
Diabetes. MS. Heart Attacks. The works.
Anyway, what spurred this conversation topic was my parents going away for a few weeks. And their fear of dying and leaving me to fend for myself. Ugh. I hate these topics.
They tell me what to do, where the "pot of gold" is, everything. Which I'll prolly forget. But yeah. Not the most pleasant of conversation topics. I told them: "I plan to have you guys go once you're in an old folks home."
My Dads reply was, as always: "I'm never going to an old folks home."
"Then I guess you'll have to be immortal, then."
I'd miss my parents terribly, no matter how much I hate them on a specific day. Hate is only temporary. An eternal empty house is terror.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment